Monday, January 3, 2011

Pays To Wait | Western Canada Lifestyle Photographer

For the last few days I have been reading a lot of books on landscape photography and studying work by Darwin Wigget. Darwin is one of Canada's best landscape photographers and if I ever learned anything from his work I am sure it would improve my work a lot and maybe increase my interest.

I have always been fascinated by landscape photography but rarely do any of it unless I happen upon a scene I can capture. I have found it frustrating in the past as I am a pre-visualizer and I generally know what I want to get when I go out.

Tonight I found a spot I had kite-skied past a few days ago and wanted to see if any of this new reading would come in handy. I waited and worked the shot for about an hour, applying techniques that the masters use. I actually had a good time and am excited about these new techniques actually working to make my compositions better. I could definitely do more of this.