Monday, February 25, 2013

Spike In Evolution | Adventure Photography

Sun sets between a winter Chinook and the Foothills in Southern Alberta.

As most of you probably know I have been extremely busy these last few months. This film project has been stretched due to construction timelines so I am back to filling open dates with new work. Not only have I been out shooting on location and writing a lot but I have also had to learn a whole new set of software and techniques to go along with it. By April I should have all the skills to create graphic overlays and animation in digital video as well as coming up to speed on all the newest tools in the Adobe CS Cloud lineup.

And as if I figured I wasn't busy enough I have finished my Closed water SCUBA certification and will have my recreational cert in the spring. I have found SCUBA (and now FREE-Diving) to not only be a great addition to my work but being in the water gives me a great sense of comfort and removal from the virtual stress of day to day city-life.

There is a lot of cool projects in the works and I will be posting them as they become public. I am looking forward to an exciting and busy year with my family, business and friends while I ramp up to the milestone of 40. I have never had so much going on for the start of a new year but as one of my interviewee's once told me, "life begins at forty"!