Friday, May 25, 2012

New Residents | Part-Time Wildlife Photog

My wife and friends have named them. This is "Jasper"
For the last few days I have been sitting in my van and using it as a blind and photographing two great Red Fox kits as they grow up and get ready to leave the den. Really these two are hilarious and I never thought I'd get so much enjoyment from photographing wildlife. The two just saunter around or sit in the sun if they are not walking the perimeter of their new little world.

This is "Robin Hood"
They have no idea I am there and if they did I don't think they care. The prime directive for them seems to be to relax and eat and sleep. The occasional bark and jumping on each other breaks up the naps and the sniffing around, man I wish my life was this simple. But even though it isn't, it has been really cool just sitting still, and watching a part of God's creation as it goes about it's business. I can see how my wildlife photographer friends like this stuff.