Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lightning | Canadian Editorial Photographer

Dana Tyrell and I at the end of our editorial portrait session.


Last night I had the pleasure of photographing Tampa Bay Lightning center Dana Tyrell for ArdrieLIFE magazine. Our original location had to be cancelled because of the rain so indoors it was. My buddy Maros Hana was able to come and help with the lights last minute and we had Dana finished in less then an hour.


I generally shoot what the magazine wants and then if I have time I will do some alternate setups so I get a chance to shoot my ideas. It's very cool when my concepts get used and my editors decide they want something that looks different. I had a new idea I have wanted to try for sometime so I did an alternate with Dana as well. Make sure you get the winter issue and see what we ended up doing. Dana is a cool guy, we had a lot of fun on the set and he was totally in to getting some funny shots for the inside of the mag.