Saturday, November 6, 2010

The View So Far | Canadian Adventure Photographer

Well I definitely can't say that I have made it. And by "made it" I mean when you know that you have come to a point of true success in your career. Nope, I sure can't say that, but I can say that I am enjoying the place I'm at right now.

Today a good friend of mine and I went to Moose Mountain near Bragg Creek, Alberta for a little cross country mountain bike session. Not too hard, about 1500 feet of elevation gain over 6.5 kilometers or rough and rocky goat trail. Weather was great. A little windy but clear and blue and about 6 degrees, just right to keep the body temp down while pedalling uphill.

I love going into the back country with Pat, he is extremely positive and never has anything negative to say. It's all about enjoying the moment and being "present" while we are out there. Today was just the same, catching up since our last kite sessions last spring and discussing our plans for a potentially amazing winter season. No major highlight, no peak experience (excuse the pun), just a good day enjoying the view. So far, so good!