Thursday, July 12, 2012

Royalty | Canadian Lifestyle Photographer

 The "magic" happening at the end of the session.
Well I have some awesome work coming up this weekend and to start it off I had the pleasure of photographing the Pete Knight Rodeo Royalty just outside of town. Now when I plan a session I always work out a couple of set-ups that I think will work well. That way I can focus on the shooting and working with the client. I almost always expect there to be something great happen between light and location and as good as the session was going, I wanted a little more.


Sure enough I found this cool roof sticking out of the ground and after a few minutes of shooting I told the girls to take a break. As they relaxed and looked away from the camera I saw an amazing image. So I tuned them back up and put arms and legs and faces all into the right places and just started shooting. Again magic happened. The light is right (of course I brought the light in as usual) and everything in the image works so well together. The girls were a lot of fun and had great attitudes, just the way a session should be.