Friday, June 22, 2012

Stage One | Canadian Adventure Photographer

Well it is finally here!


I have been waiting patiently for the right time to come along so I could finally bring a linear-motion dolly into Canada from Dynamic Perception in the US. Originally I was going to go with the 6 foot "Stage Zero" but DP recently came out with their newest and compact (breaks down into carry-on size) unit, the "Stage One".

What does this mean for me? Time lapse: this is a new type of capture for me and it can be used to produce motion video of events or movement that is too slow for the human eye to really distinguish. Currently I am working on a few projects (including a science documentary) that will consist mostly of Time lapse (TL) as well as numerous commercial applications such as construction site documentation and Rig set-up.

I am excited to put this unit to work and will be posting test clips here from time to time so you can see just what can be achieved with this kind of unit. Stay tuned to this blog and let your friends know what we are doing. Feel free to contact me at any time if you have questions about this or any other type of work we do.
First test clip below: