Sunday, April 29, 2012

Magic Places | Adventure Lifestyle Photographer

What's left of the East Coulee Bridge
Today I had one of my last group of students out East of Drumheller for what will be the first of my last two Evolution Photography workshops. Again our photographers shot some great stuff and figured the lighting out easily. I will post about that here in the next few days.

While the crew was busy being creative I threw on my fisheye lens for some fun. I didn't have to go far to find an interesting perspective. The lens is fun but this area has always been magic for me. I have been coming to these locations along the Red Deer River for 10 years now and I just can't get enough. Like the dinosaur bones that lay beneath the dirt and mud in these badlands, the old bridges and building are just a skeletal rendition of a society that moved along these parts way before my time. I always wonder, what life was like then and who these people were that lived in the valley. Just a memory that will eventually fade away.