Thursday, May 19, 2011

Way Early | Canadian Adventure Photographer

Yesterday started extremely early, like alpine start early except I only had to drive for 2 hours. After getting a close-up look at a Moose while traveling 100 km/hr (I think I found hair on my bumper) in the dark, I met with Paul Zizka and a few others for a sunrise session on Vermillion Lakes. It was cool to get together with other photographers for photography and coffee and thanks to Paul it may be a regular Wednesday thing. Always great to see Paul and Megan, as creative professional they do so much for the Valley and this side of the Rockies.

In the Afternoon I hit Heart Creek to hook up with climbers Brad Warne and Jordan Ramey to do a little early season sport climbing. I spent about 2 hours moving comfortably across the second pitch of the slabs while Brad and Jordan worked their way across. The sun was pretty harsh until we got a few breaks of clouds and the light was a little less contrasted and I could include the belayer in the shots. I am hoping my folding boom will be done soon and I can get myself another 6 feet out from the rock to get another good point of view. A good friend of mine is designing and fabricating a folding rig that can attach to a pack, and is super light so it's not such a cluster to bring climbing. Can't wait.