Monday, May 7, 2012

Dark Anchor | Adventure Photographer

A shot from the beach at Otter Point looking SE to Port Angeles, Wash.


I literally just got back from a quick trip to Victoria where I had the chance to spend some time with my side of the family. It was great to catch up and especially see my dad considering his deteriorating health. The first 3 days it rained so what I expected to be a great location on the ocean to shoot was nothing at all. But last night I had just enough time to get back to Otter Point and shoot the moon as it was coming up.

A dark and heavy contrast as the daylight drops off and only the Super-Moon casts a glow.


 I did not have my long lens and figured there'd be enough of those shots anyhow so I tried anchoring my shot instead. The above image is straight out of camera with just a little pixel clean-up. The trick here was the 2 stop ND Grad I used for the bright sky. I will be posting some colour and dark moody versions in the next day or so. Thanks for stopping by.