Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Twirlers Assignment | Adventure Lifestyle Photographer

This week is the deadline for the Spring issue of AirdrieLIFE magazine so I am cutting it close. This had been in the works for some time but when there is more than a few people involved you are subject to every ones schedules.

Never the less I had about 1/2 hour to try to pull this rabbit out of the hat. I had tried this in studio with my daughter and thought I could make it work. At the last second I added strobes and it made the composition complete. I was really trying to show the movement they can perform.

This is actually a 6 second exposure with a modeling (constant source) lamp to camera right and a manually timed strobe to camera left at just the last second. I can't wait to try this type of shot again.