Monday, December 13, 2010

A Good Match | Adventure Lifestyle Photographer

Last month I had a family drop in to the studio for a family session. We had known in the fall there was no way we could do something outside so I wanted to try a few different things. I had done some storyboards but just before the session I went on the itunes site and saw the classic black and white shot of the Beatles in their "hippy" days. Just a simple, loosely posed shot, showing their individuality but yet all together still a single unit. I love this shot.
I had to try that shot with this family. I already know they are cool and it has been great getting to know them the last few years. I have a lot of clients both good and bad just like any other industry and sometimes it's nice to have a good connection. With photography I like to get to know my clients a little better as it helps me to draw their character out in the images. These guys were a lot of fun to work with and I think this image worked well.